Traveling Loves

Traveling Loves
On our travels to Texas at the state Capitol grounds

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Monday Morning in Killarney


We're off to the Dingle Peninsula today. We decided to stay one more night in Killarney and then head north tomorrow.

So far, the weather has been perfect. Well, it could be ten degrees warmer, but Annie said conditions were just right for her climb up the tall mountain yesterday. I love where it's located: the McGillicutty Reeks.

Can't remember what the mountain is called, but she said the climb presented a nice range of challenges, including the Devil's Ladder, which she chose to avoid on the way down.


She met up with lots of climbers, and by hike's end, she was well known along the trail as the "American girl."

While she was finishing her climb, I walked back to downtown Killarney. Went shopping at the local mall and sat in front of a cafe near the town center and enjoyed a mocha.

A lady sat at another table fairly nearby. I had seen her sitting there, gabbing on her cell phone when I walked to the mall, and later, when I sipped on my coffee (which was half hour or so after I'd walked by her earlier), she still talked on her phone nonstop.

She even had a bag of munchies on her table, and I'm guessing she just set up shop there for the day.

This is a place where one feels very comfortable. The sense of family is very distinct in this area. Generations travel together and seem to enjoy each other's company.

Last night we went back downtown and enjoyed some pizza. It was amazing how the downtown had buttoned up from a very flourishing weekend. We had the place to ourselves for parking and dining.

Guess that's all for now. I'm sure the sights today will be well worth the camera carrying, so stay tuned. One more night of guaranteed wi-fi; then it will be a guessing game on what's available wherever we stay tomorrow.

I see the ZAGS won last night. Hope they can do so again tonight, so I'll end with a very heartfelt GO ZAGS!

I have posted several pictures on my Facebook wall, so if readers are on Facebook, check 'em out.  Also, Annie (Mia Wallace on Facebook) has a wonderful selection, with her special photographic touch, of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment